Friday 23 August 2013

Gatsby Dress - Part 2

I am very proud to share with you (my current average 2 viewers, whoever you are) my finished Gatsby Dress!

It turns out that the fraying did cost a little more than I thought, and by the time I'd finished French seaming the sides I could barely get it on or off. However, I COULD get it on and off (just) which is the important thing, right?

So, here are some photos of me in my shiny new dress:



Unfortunately I didn't take a photo of the back, but I found this one on Facebook (gotta love Facebook) and stole it. As you can see, the dress was a little tight just below the bust, causing the back to warp outwards, but I was told it wasn't too noticeable. 

The event itself was a wonderful evening - an award ceremony for a series of short films, adverts, window displays and seasonal menus all put together by local businesses in Warwick. Everyone made a real effort to dress up which was obviously fabulous - one lovely lady even wore her grandmothers original 1920's fringed dress and many more wore vintage brooches, shrugs or purses.

The best part of the evening though, was how many people complimented me on the dress, not knowing that I had made it myself. There is nothing in this world that makes me feel as good as answering that magic question "I love your dress, where did you get it?" with "Well actually I made this myself". I hope I never get bored of that feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment